Thursday 2 August 2018

July 31 BC delivers the wild

Very early start today 4:40am Sun up and no use trying to sleep more. The day starts with a deer on my right than 2 small rabbits next a fast moving ground hog.  Entering into Northern Rocky Park there are flashing warning of bison elk and sheep on the road, the park delivers a single elk.

I did the hoodoo hike and wobble my right ankle so that may become a problem,

Toad river I see a bull moose, a few km later a cow and calf

next Laird hot spring, spend time in cool pond just 120 degrees, a very few minutes in the hot 146

degree pool.

leaving the park I get my first bison, and black bear walks across the highway, I'm not sure if the gopro got it. Next another warning of Bison on the road and this time they are right , a small herd of about 80 on both sides and even laying on the road.

Onto Yukon and Watson lake to post sign park, skip fuel here as I think last time they gave me heating fuel instead of diesel.
 

 Yukon only delivers 2 northern hares, fill up at Teslin $1.42 and pull off at Squarash Lark Park about 80km short of Whitehorse. Drove 968km today.
 

Still working on Gopro time lapse, I have the camera figured out and am recording the whole day now.  However up-loading is not possible yet, I need to figure out compression software, find and learn. On youtube a 2 min clips takes 44 minutes to upload and is 1/2mg.

No comments:

Post a Comment