Tuesday 7 August 2018

Whitehorse to Dawson Aug 2


Starting the day from Pine Lake Yukon Park site 21 spent a chunk of the day at Whitehorse Tourist info posting. Pick up fuel + groceries and headed for the Klondike this time making the right turn. I road north a little different than last time, lots of construction and gravel sections. While waiting at one stop I meet a mother and son who oar from Tuktoyakuk pronounced Tuk-Toy-a-tuk I was corrected. We talk about the rough which she describes as rough and look at my carving fang That I need, they suggest it no problem it looks like caribou antler they know a really good carver. The road pilot is here and I miss getting their information.



Driving  into Dawson, the road is lined with mine tailing, I walk the streets pick up dinner, fuel $1.385 and make camp at Klondike River Yukon Park.


Local trees are starting to turn colour they include aspen, paper birch, popular, white spruce and Hummock, related to hemlock but a northern smaller version.


704km today.

Sorry just text for now,  MCD internet fails to up-load pics, but they still have power plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment