Sunday 19 August 2018

Cinnamon Forest Park to Vancouver YW Aug 18th Saturday

The night was good even though my site is right beside the road protected by a thin but thick grouping of trees.  I took this site because it has the best view of the fast moving very clean river.  This road dies down after sundown, such a twisty road is clearly not a road to drive at night.

Waking up early Saturday 6am, nobody will be on the hwy 99 south bound, open road... Hwy 99 in this section is clearly the best drive in all of Canada. I have driven a lot of Canada, James bay, Labrador, all of Newfoundland, Nova Scotia Cabot Trail, but this 90km section of hwy 99 is clearly the best drive Canada has to offer. BC hwy 12 or 8 are good too but not this good.

Driving south with listening to Paul Okenfold Sunrise is perfect, hard on the car but a wonderful drive, I go to the end of the emerald lake and turn around to drive north to the BC hydro bridge near Lillooet turning around again and ending up at my camp just after 8am. I'll post the time lapse on You Tube when I get home.

Back down 99 after something to eat I do get some traffic at the end of the run and into Whistler, skipping the town as I've been to Whistler skiing a lot over the years.  The drive to Vancouver here seems like you are driving downhill all the time.

Check in at the YW and meet up with a friend for the afternoon, we meet up again at 8pm and go to west Vancouver to walk the board walk and take pictures of the golden gate bridge at night.



No comments:

Post a Comment