Sunday 19 August 2018

Hathaway Lake to Spence Bridge recreation camp Aug 15th

Starting early from Hathaway lake I head for Kamloops don't really want to go there but I need an oil change $85 that's with me providing the oil and filter, a much needed car wash noticing all the paint chips and specs of tar earned along the way.

Then out of town toward hwy 99 the best driving road in Canada.  Spirited mountain driving, delayed several times for mud slides usually a 20 minutes wait through each section. That aside still a very fun drive to Lillooet which has a nice library to recharge my dead computer. Next a equally spirited drive up hwy 12 and onto the Trans Canada to Spence Bridge and a river side recreation park no fee to make camp.  Filled up at $1.29 and drove 513km.

This park seems to be popular with those into gold panning.

At the library I booked a hotel YW in Vancouver Saturday night $145 regular price parking an extra $18, really the best deal in town given its location right next  to BC Place at the beginning of Robson st.

blogging post require that I post text and then go back to edit function and add photos, just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment