Sunday 19 August 2018

Aug 11th Gingoic to road side camp BC Park Seeley lake

Woke up at Gingoix to sunny skies, slow drive through town and onto the hot springs for one last time.  Spend time in the pool taking to a native, who says I have come early, explaining that in a month this whole valley will become a tent city full of wold mushroom hunters.  I ask whether he feels that they are invading his community lands, as this is officially a separate nation, to which he is only concerned about the mess they leave behind, says that there is a lot money to be made if you find a good spot.  claiming that a few years ago he and his brother collected $72,000 worth of Pine mushrooms in one weekend.  I though holy cow that beats working for a bank for a whole year.

When I returned to my car there were grizzly tracks all around it.  I had seen one by the road
about 10 km's back, I'm sure this was another one.

 The rest of the day was a wash, nothing, drove back to Terrace and on the way away from the coast ending at a noisy Seeley Lake BC Park driving just 431km's.





No comments:

Post a Comment