Saturday 11 August 2018

Aug 10th Lazy day in hot Springs, buying smoked and dried sockeye

Woke up at Lava Park to sunny skies nice to see again, late start 9am, off to the Hot springs, there were 3 pools not the two I saw last night and spend the next 3 hours sitting in hot water.  Lunch went to Gingaix for fish and chips Halibut $26, driving back into Lexgalts'ap


I bought dried salmon and heading back to the hot spring for 2 hours, this time they were much hotter. Leaving there I looked at New Alyansh and Nass Camp, the lave floor hike before returning to Lexgalts'ap to buy smoked sockeye about 2 pounds $10, 1.5 pound of the dried was also $10. Then back to Gingix to use their free camp.



Had a fire, rare of BC right now for most of the province there is a ban but from what I see not here. I am visited by the town fire marshal who the fire is small and fine with him, but if the RCMP shows up it would not be fine, I put it out and dumped my firewood.   Drove just 263km now at 602629.


Car health, both rear rims are damaged and I can feel the wobble 50-75km faster or slower they seem ok. Yukon roads took better than half the tread off and I maybe have to buy new tires before going home. Replaced the front head light twice, hopefully this one last longer than a day. I had 2 rough starts but seems ok the day, so will see. Other than that the car seem fine.

Again no pic can be posted at this library.

I'm heading for Kitimaat today, after seeing art in the park right beside the library in Terrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment