Sunday 10 July 2016

Day 1 July 9th 2016

I saw my first bear today crossing the Trans-Canada Hwy just 100km north of Sault Ste. Marie. It was soaking wet, both sides of traffic stopped and after a few minutes it decided it was safe to cross. No pic as I just not ready to see something like so early in my trip..

Drove through Wawa, did not take pic of Canada Goose but noticed there 5 other gooses in town. 

Mining display at Hemlo Gold field.  This is the gold found while building the highway in the 1980's. 


Pulled off about 140 short of Rainy River, slept under some power lines. There was a sign for a better spot but  I was done as far was driving was.


Drove 1480km today (932 mile) will cross into USA at Rainy River in about 2 hours.

5 comments:

  1. Great start. Keep the pictures coming.
    Bikk

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Yellow knife, in 400km of nt I have seen, bison, beavers, brown storks, raven, osprey, red fox and many plants. Pic require uploading and that I need a library not mad or Tim Hortons.

    ReplyDelete