Tuesday 31 July 2018

Thunder Bay to Emerson Bridge Park Camp Alberta July 29th Sunday

Just one more spreed trap for the time north of Thunder Bay, slept at a rest area, woke to camper checking out my car.  Turns out that during the night his truck front end was hit and he was looking to see is I was responsible.  I looked at the damage and wondered how he could sleep through it.  There was a great free rest camp stop some where north of Thunder Bay I recall from the last time I drove through this area. I was hopping to make it there, For future reference it located 7km east of hwy 71 or 25km east of Kenora.

Filled up near Winnipeg $1.19 Winnipeg has the worst pavement of any major city in North America, Detroit has better pavement, major ruts when passing through an intersection, took an hour to rive through. Saskatchewan blow by quickly, drove though Regina in just 20 minutes, Fuel $1.20, Alberta the land without sales tax but somehow fuel cost $1.30.

So far I have been blasting though the country on the Trans-Canada stopping only for fuel  as these area are not new to me and so my real focus of the trip is Northern BC, Yukon and NWT. I turn north at Brook onto hwy 36 which goes straight north beyond Edmonton.  Pulling off at Emerson Camp which in beside a river, buy firewood $10, site $10, find out the lights within my car don't work and this is not good. Shortly after sunset I hear a lone coyote howling for about 10 minutes, it does not get a response.  Fire good, starts with just one starter stick, bugs ok, its very dry here. Other sounds include something in the bushes behind the site and a cow. Drove 1780km today.

No comments:

Post a Comment