Friday 5 August 2016

Day 27, August 4th Vancouver

Driving downtown from Surrey takes over an hour even after rush hour, I arrive around 11:am, parking under a bridge in the on  Quebec Street $5 all day pretty good deal for a big city, just block to walk to either Rogers Arena or Plaza of Nations. The couple of hours I walk along Creekside, walk through David Lam park, 





I take the water bus to Granville market, first time in 4 trips to Vancouver thew market is full of tourist and very busy.  Still the must expensive place to buy fresh salmon or candied smoked fish. Salon $35 a pound, in Toronto I can buy the same fish for $15 bucks but here just 50km from where it once swam is 2-3 time the price.


The native smoked and dried fish that I paid $2 a strip now cost $8, some they must sell a lot just not to people like me.
Kids water parks are in business


Had Fish Tacos at "Go Fish Shack" Ive done this in the past it is always a line-up here, 20min is normal, they operate daily until they sell out, usually by 3pm $12.5 drink included by the way here for $20 you get twice the halibut fish for 1/2 the price as Homer Alaska.


Its getting hot, and so I go see the Vancouver Museum which is focused on how the city of Vancouver has evolved over the years.  With some talk about the current trend of infill housing.

water taxi pics




No comments:

Post a Comment