Friday 5 August 2016

Day 25, Tuesday August 2nd. Hwy 99 Salmon viewing to Chilliwack Recreation Park

Salmon viewing camp site at hwy 99





 I wake to a little spitting, and decide to head down 99 before the RV’s spoil the drive.  Within 30kms the spitting has become heavy rain and I decide to turn around, Highway 99 is not a road to drive in the dark or the rain.  Rain here must be very rare, there is desert like conditions on this road, cactus, sage brush and even tumbleweed, but I’m getting poured at the moment. 

He weather on my cell phone says Kamloops is clear of rain for the next 6 hours and so I had that way. Deciding to head south as I’m sure my rear right rotor is warped.  I thought I could ignore it for a while but given that I like mountain road driving and the steering wheel shakes violently at 110km and as soon as I touch the brake paddle lightly there is a loud scratching sound from that corner of the car. I decide to find a TDIclub approved mechanic just head for the Vancouver area.

I made arrangement for the repair tomorrow morning and pulled into Chilliwack Lake Conservation Park for the night (free).  

582km today

No comments:

Post a Comment